现在网上语言外语 第二语言学校Net Langu...

当前位置: >>>>
一个学校,五种语言
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
One School, Five Languages&一个学校,五种语言
In New York City public schools, 176 different languages are spoken among the more than 1 million students.
For 160,000 children, English is not their first language. New York&s Department of Education makes
better for these students by providing -language programs.
Students are taught in two languages, English and another one, like Russian or Chinese. Math, social studies, science and all other regular courses are taught in both languages. And they learn about the culture of the other country.
Milady Baez is
of English Language Learners and Student Support. She says these dual-language programs will help children succeed in the future.
&The jobs of the future require that our students know more than one language. They are going to be traveling abroad, they are going to be communicating with people from all over the world. This will open doors for them.&
David A. Booty Middle School in Brooklyn offers dual language education in four languages: Russian, , Spanish and Hebrew.
Shuya Zhang teaches a dual language class. She says the program helps children get ready to work with people in other countries.
&Look at now-a-days, America started economic relationships with China. Lots of factories have been built, companies moved to China. They need people with the skills with both language skills so the kids when they are grown up, they already have this skill.&
Middle-schoolers might not have jobs on their minds yet. For Kequing Jaing, she likes keeping up her first language, Mandarin.
&It makes me, like, &feel that I am home because I can speak in Chinese, learn in Chinese, while learning in English. So it makes me feel better and makes me understand more about the task I&m learning.&
Anastasia Hudikova came to the United States when she was 2 years old. &She says the Russian-English program keeps her connected to her
and her parents happy.
&They&re really happy about the program that it exists. They are really happy that I can preserve my culture and my language, that I can speak it fluently in school.&
The New York schools also offer dual-language programs in seven other languages: Arabic, French, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Korean, Polish and Spanish. There are plans to add even more languages in the future.
While these dual-language programs are popular, some groups in the U.S. say
English comes first. U.S. English wants to make English the official language of the United States.
&We have no problem with folks speaking
languages & if people want to speak a different language at home,& says Todd DuBois with U.S. English. &What we do think is schools should prioritize English.&
He says studies show that children who learn English early will be more successful later. And, he says, focusing on English in the classroom will help the students learn the language faster.
Words in This Story
dual-language & n. being taught in two different languages
courses & n. school class or program
heritage & n. the traditions, achievements, beliefs, etc., that are part of the history of a nation or a group of people
folks & n. people
multiple & adj. many
prioritize & v. to make something the most important in a group
点击收听单词发音&&
n.学问,学识,学习;动词learn的现在分词
参考例句:
When you are learning to ride a bicycle,you often fall off.初学骑自行车时,常会从车上掉下来。
Learning languages isn't just a matter of remembering words.学习语言不仅仅是记些单词的事。
adj.双的;二重的,二元的
参考例句:
The people's Republic of China does not recognize dual nationality for any Chinese national.中华人民共和国不承认中国公民具有双重国籍。
He has dual role as composer and conductor.他兼作曲家及指挥的双重身分。
n.代理人,代表,副职;adj.代理的,副的
参考例句:
John will act as a deputy for me during my absence.我离开期间,约翰将代理我的职务。
She is the deputy headmistress of the school.她是那所学校的代理校长。
n.(英)大臣;法官;(德、奥)总理;大学校长
参考例句:
They submitted their reports to the Chancellor yesterday.他们昨天向财政大臣递交了报告。
He was regarded as the most successful Chancellor of modern times.他被认为是现代最成功的财政大臣。
n.中国官话,国语,满清官吏;adj.华丽辞藻的
参考例句:
Just over one billion people speak Mandarin as their native tongue.大约有十亿以上的人口以华语为母语。
Mandarin will be the new official language of the European Union.普通话会变成欧盟新的官方语言。
n.传统,遗产,继承物
参考例句:
The ancient buildings are part of the national heritage.这些古建筑是民族遗产的一部分。
We Chinese have a great cultural heritage.我们中国人有伟大的文化遗产。
n.教学,执教,任教,讲授;(复数)教诲
参考例句:
We all agree in adopting the new teaching method. 我们一致同意采取新的教学方法。
He created a new system of teaching foreign languages.他创造了一种新的外语教学体系。
adj.多个(或多项、多种)的;n.(数)倍数
参考例句:
The number 8 is a multiple of 4.八是四的倍数。
The most common multiple births are twins,two babies born at the same time.最常见的多胎是双胞胎,两个婴儿同时出生。
本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------东方网留学频道&&中国最大的留学资讯网站&&咨询热线:
现在有全球31个国家,9885所高等院校信息
共计总数:145金湾外国语学校魏秋梅校长寄语
打造学校特色,铸造教育品牌,一直是我们金外人的理想和追求.也是办人民满意学校的需要.因为一所学校只有办出特色,才能发展学生个性,才能培养创新人才.
我们以&让每一位师生都精彩&为办学宗旨,以&精品+特色&为办学目…
第九周工作要点
1、教师例会;
2、检查第二轮集体备课资料;
3、检查初中部作业;
4、检查三至六年级读…
近年来,珠海市金湾区外国语学校重视教育信息化工作,在各级组织的相关信息化教育的各项比赛中,老师们的参赛率以及获奖率都比较高。
在2012年珠海市教育研究中心组织…
日,金湾区外国语学校组织16名教师分别到四会市城东小学和东城中学听课学习,在听课和教学研讨活动中,收获满满,受益菲浅。
四会市城东小学曾多次派教师…> CPILS语言学校--Cebu Pacific International Language School
CPILS语言学校--Cebu Pacific International Language School - 菲律宾 - 出国留学
院校 - 类型:公立
留学学校介绍CPILS位于菲律宾宿务市,为菲律宾最有名气的英语专业培训机构,提供韩国,日本,中国,台湾等费英语系国家的学生丰富多彩而有趣的课程,教材和课外活动.学生可以得到亲切有市里的讲师指导,并享受导安全而便利的环境.留学学校营造舒适的学习气氛,帮助学生更成功的学习英语.&菲律宾大学英语系专业的学生,英文讲的和外国人一样好,一般居民虽然英文有口音,但留学学校老师是没有口音问题的,尤其英语是官方语言,所以出门旅游,用餐都得用英语沟通.是一个纯英语的环境. 留学学校的优势☆改革创新的课程★系统的英语体系☆理想的小班教学★最优秀的老师们☆优良的电教设备课程介绍留学学校课程分为6个阶段,每个阶段可再细分为低中高三个等级,共18个等级。学生入进留学学校的同时必须参加水平考试,按照考试的结果来分班。CPILS最大的优势莫过于小班制,有1对1,1对2,&1对4,1&对8的课程,上课方式和我们熟悉的语言留学学校方式完全不同.老师依照每个学生不同的需要,不同的程度给学生一对以的家教式辅导.常规课程留学学校的课程分正规课程和特别课程,课程一般均以听力、口语、阅读、写作课程的核心部分。正规课程有:内容丰富的1对1课程、简单有趣的1对2课程、新颖的1对4课程、流行时尚的1对8课程。在1对1的课程中,学生可以集中针对自己缺乏的项目进行强化辅导。1对2的课程一般为提高英语听力及理解力的课程,专业老师当场纠正发音,留学学校的菲律宾当地老师都是专业英语大学毕业,而且都有资格证书,绝对没有学生所担心的口音问题,留学学校还有很多美国、英国、加拿大等国家的专业英语教师。1对4的课程一般为课堂实践讨论课,学生可以与老师直接关于提案来做内容深度的讨论。学生通过1对8的课程,实地感受老师的现场美国俚语教学。特殊课程语言留学学校除了提供每天常规的6个小时课程外,还在课余休闲时间免费提供学生一些特别的课程讲座,如:托业课程、顶级英语课程、英语演讲、辅助测试、视听课程等,可供学生自由选择。&
学校录取率
海外学生比例
本校去年海外学生与本国学生比例为
学校生活费
本校去年平均生活费为15000人民币/年
该国教育机构综合排名第1000位
学校地图校园美图更多 &&CPILS语言学校CPILS语言学校CPILS语言学校CPILS语言学校
十大机构权威世界大学排名
今日留学新闻
著名留学文书修改/代写机构
更多宿雾 , 菲律宾留学资讯
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>